Plasma Active on Acer Iconia W700?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Jul 28 11:42:07 UTC 2013

On Sunday, July 28, 2013 13:34:59 C wrote:
> So, has anyone encountered anything like this? Any ideas what is going
> wrong here?  Any extra info I can provide to try and figure this out?

the Kubuntu packages are not properly formed. all of the things you are seeing
are due to the plasma-mobile-config package not being installed and/or those
configurations not being used on top of the system config.

the settings in plasma-mobile-config need to be added to the system and used
when logging into a PA session.

this will be easier in Plasma Workspaces 2 where these settings become part of
the shell package .. until then, packages need to do some extra work.

i would suggest either improving the kubuntu package or else using Mer.