Instant Message client for Plasma Active?

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Sun Jul 14 19:24:59 UTC 2013

On Sunday 14 July 2013 19:49:24 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 7:09 PM, David Talmage <talmage at acm.org> wrote:
> > Is there an IM client for PA?  I don't see one in the integration repo.
>
> There is also an active ui for kde telepathy, i don't know if is actively
> developed.
> Its developer will sure be happy for an extra hand :)

I talked to the KTp maintainer today, He told me that KTp Active basically
works, but the account setup has not been implemented. The reason for that is
that he didn't want to write something which would be replaced by WebAccounts
later anyway, which totally makes sense to me.
So today, I made a decision: I will try to find time to finally learn QML (which
is something I've been wanting to do anyway) and then do the WebAccounts GUI
for PA. When that is done, I'd improve KTp Active.
So which me success in learning QML and finding the time to do this, then KTp
Active will come true!