Bug-fixing "real-life" sprint?

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 09:42:09 UTC 2013

On Sunday 20 January 2013, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I must admit that trying to retest the bugs Marco mentioned was a pretty
> frustrating experience. It seems to me that for every bug I test, I find
> three new ones. Ergo: We have some serious issues right now, and I'm not
> sure if we can fix them via this mailing list and other projects' lists.
> There just seem to be too many problems on too many levels, especially
> with code which the core PA team does not even maintain.
> That's why I suggest we have a serious bug-squashing sprint (the
> "classical" one, with people meeting in real life) with not only the core
> PA team, but Vishesh, some KDE-PIM/Akonadi people, some Mer people,
> Shantanu and maybe others as well, soon.
> On that sprint we could directly work together to test and fix bugs like
> there is no tomorrow. And since many problems look like they would affect
> other workspaces as well, not only PA would gain from it.
> Would that make sense to you?

If all the parts (kdepim, nepomuk, random applications) are interested, yes, i
would like it, but that's pretty much a precondition.

one thing that would be needed is have an idea of things like
* when
* location
* sponsor

budget is quite tight, so would need to be approved and planned quite in
advance