Bug-fixing "real-life" sprint?

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Sun Jan 20 14:40:28 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,
I must admit that trying to retest the bugs Marco mentioned was a pretty
frustrating experience. It seems to me that for every bug I test, I find three
new ones. Ergo: We have some serious issues right now, and I'm not sure if we
can fix them via this mailing list and other projects' lists. There just seem
to be too many problems on too many levels, especially with code which the
core PA team does not even maintain.
That's why I suggest we have a serious bug-squashing sprint (the "classical"
one, with people meeting in real life) with not only the core PA team, but
Vishesh, some KDE-PIM/Akonadi people, some Mer people, Shantanu and maybe
others as well, soon.
On that sprint we could directly work together to test and fix bugs like there
is no tomorrow. And since many problems look like they would affect other
workspaces as well, not only PA would gain from it.
Would that make sense to you?
Cheers,
Thomas