Calligra Active's main screen

Shantanu Tushar Jha shaan7in at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 17:24:28 UTC 2012

Hi!

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Thomas Pfeiffer <colomar at autistici.org>wrote:

> On 08.10.2012 05:01, Shantanu Tushar Jha wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Seems like missed communication here, I was told that once Plasma Active's
>> "Files" application is complete, documents would be launched from there
>> and so
>> Calligra Active won't be included in the launcher. Thats the primary
>> reason we
>> didn't work on the home screen. Yes right now it does show the home screen
>> (which has a open and about button) for a while when its loading the
>> document
>> that you selected from Files app, that will be fixed in the next release.
>>
>> So, we can simply add calligraactive to Plasma Active's blacklist if we
>> don't
>> want the user to launch it :)
>>

> Hi Shantanu,
> sorry, I didn't mean to criticize your work on Calligra Active. I know
> that you didn't work on the homescreen anymore because I was the one who
> told you that a homsecreen is generally not useful (since we have Files to
> browse files)

for a file viewer in Plasma Active.

Dude c'mon, no need to say sorry! The suggestions you gave for CA at
Akademy were very, very helpful. I am 100% in with the idea that its better
for Files app to show the file selection :) I wasn't being sarcastic when I
talked about blacklisting.

We had just forgotten to blacklist it (or maybe it was a bug, I'm not sure
> anymore) and I wanted to remind the others why it should be blacklisted.
>
> It's good to hear that the homescreen appearing shortly when loading a
> file will be fixed.

Yea, this skipped my mind (again, my fault for forgetting to put it on a
actual todo list) and by the time I realized it, it was too late.

> There are some other things which can be done to make Calligra Active more
> consistent with other Active apps (and the HIG), I'll get back to you with
> some suggestions on that shortly.

Sure! Waiting for those :)

> Generally I like Calligra Active very much, great work!

Thanks :D

--
Shantanu Tushar    (UTC +0530)
http://www.shantanutushar.com