Calligra Active's main screen

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Mon Oct 8 12:38:07 UTC 2012

On 08.10.2012 05:01, Shantanu Tushar Jha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Seems like missed communication here, I was told that once Plasma Active's
> "Files" application is complete, documents would be launched from there and so
> Calligra Active won't be included in the launcher. Thats the primary reason we
> didn't work on the home screen. Yes right now it does show the home screen
> (which has a open and about button) for a while when its loading the document
> that you selected from Files app, that will be fixed in the next release.
>
> So, we can simply add calligraactive to Plasma Active's blacklist if we don't
> want the user to launch it :)

Hi Shantanu,
sorry, I didn't mean to criticize your work on Calligra Active. I know that you
didn't work on the homescreen anymore because I was the one who told you that a
homsecreen is generally not useful (since we have Files to browse files) for a
file viewer in Plasma Active.
We had just forgotten to blacklist it (or maybe it was a bug, I'm not sure
anymore) and I wanted to remind the others why it should be blacklisted.

It's good to hear that the homescreen appearing shortly when loading a file will
be fixed.
There are some other things which can be done to make Calligra Active more
consistent with other Active apps (and the HIG), I'll get back to you with some
suggestions on that shortly.

Generally I like Calligra Active very much, great work!

Thomas