taglines on PA3 website.

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 13:13:26 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 02 October 2012, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hi...
>
> some suggested minor edits for the taglines at the top of the PA3 website,
> mostly little grammar improvements:

> move.</div>
> activities.</div>
> too.</div>
> browser.</div>
> reader.</div>
>

> note that i switched the order of Activities to the top. this lets us talk
> about Activities first later on, which is the foundational concept here.

updated the text/order on the website

> i'm on the fence with "Power to the users with our semantic file browser."
> since it uses the technical and unfamiliar term "semantic" and it doesn't
> particularly say anything about the benefit of it ("Power to the user" is
> kind of a generic "rah-rah" slogan :). sth that talks directly to the
> benefit might be more effective, such as "All files are at your fingertips
> with the semantic file browser." it still uses the word "semantic", but it
> now hints as to the benefit a bit more?

what about just a "more powerful document management" ?

> if this is to be the elevator pitch, i really think we need an entry there
> for Kontact Touch. email/calendaring is a BIG deal for us. it's a feature
> set most devices don't do well or even at all.

i'll do full sized screenshots today (ivan, could you make the fake device
thing for those as well?)

> are we going to have a page somewhere about each of these items? i think it
> would be a good idea to do so, and i'd be willing to crank out the text for
> at least one per day so we can describe the full benefits more.

if there is text yeah (i can help, but need more basic grammar check ;)

maybe just a bigger screenshot with a couple of paragraphs below?

> the text below "What is Plasma Active" should then reflect these main
> points above in the list of things we're talking about it (the list that
> currently starts with activities). that means the same nouns in the same
> order as they appear in the slideshow.

yeah, the text comes still from the pa2 release, may use some update