taglines on PA3 website.

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Tue Oct 2 13:41:47 UTC 2012

On 02.10.2012 15:13, Marco Martin wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 October 2012, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>> hi...
>>
>> some suggested minor edits for the taglines at the top of the PA3 website,
>> mostly little grammar improvements:

>> move.</div>
>> activities.</div>
>> too.</div>

Some more nitpicking: addons -> Add-Ons (or whatever we'll settle on). Lowercase
"addons" just looks too generic to me.

>> browser.</div>
>> reader.</div>
>>

>> note that i switched the order of Activities to the top. this lets us talk
>> about Activities first later on, which is the foundational concept here.
>
> updated the text/order on the website
>
>> i'm on the fence with "Power to the users with our semantic file browser."
>> since it uses the technical and unfamiliar term "semantic" and it doesn't
>> particularly say anything about the benefit of it ("Power to the user" is
>> kind of a generic "rah-rah" slogan :). sth that talks directly to the
>> benefit might be more effective, such as "All files are at your fingertips
>> with the semantic file browser." it still uses the word "semantic", but it
>> now hints as to the benefit a bit more?
>
> what about just a "more powerful document management" ?

It's files in general, not only documents (semantic browsing is just as useful
for photos or music as it is for documents). I'd still like to have a more
specific adjective than just "powerful", but I haven't found a good one yet :(

>> if this is to be the elevator pitch, i really think we need an entry there
>> for Kontact Touch. email/calendaring is a BIG deal for us. it's a feature
>> set most devices don't do well or even at all.
> i'll do full sized screenshots today (ivan, could you make the fake device
> thing for those as well?)

Creating a screenshot which makes Kontact Touch look cool on a tablet screen
isn't exactly an easy task. It still shows that it wasn't originally designed
for tablets....