Alarms: 10 day Sprint

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 10:04:36 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 20 November 2012, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> Hi ...
>
> The sprint for Files went quite well in my opinion. We got a number of
> things accomplished and enumerated several other issues that need
> attention. There are significant things left to do on it, however, so
> we'll probably need to schedule another sprint later to revisit files.
>
> However, I'd also like to move on so that all of our UI gets love and
> attention for this release. After the massive topic of Files, I'd like us
> to take on something smaller and less complex: alarms.

Yep in this case is something way smaller (and that's a relief ;) but with a
different set of topics.

I think the ui in this case is quite fine (then suggestions on improvements
are welcome)

but here the problems are more low-level (will try to fit somehow those points
in the wiki):
* is an example on a plasmoid that is also a simple stand alone application
* do we want it this way?
* what needs to be changed/improved in the support of those? atm alarms and
rss are broken. proposed solution "application" formfactor?
* time/date input components: they should probably go in plasmaextras, and get
a desktop version different from the "slot machine" touch look.
* poses another problem: device-specific theme elements