Alarms: 10 day Sprint

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Nov 20 11:10:24 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 11:04:36 Marco Martin wrote:
> I think the ui in this case is quite fine

i actually have a number of detail-level issues with the UI :) i'll document
them on the wiki, however, and i'd like to first do some quick user testing
over the next 2 days to get some additional input on it.

> * is an example on a plasmoid that is also a simple stand alone application
> * do we want it this way?

i think so, yes.

> * what needs to be changed/improved in the support of those? atm alarms and
> rss are broken. proposed solution "application" formfactor?

that's not a bad idea and fits nicely with the concept. question then becomes
how to include that (if at all?) in the package path resolution. given that
form factor can be dynamic at runtime, this would imply the possibility of
runtime changes of the package paths and a need to re-render certain bits of
the UI as a result.

i don't think it fits neatly with PLASMA_PLATFORM (which we have discussed
previously on the list) so that's out. (though we may have a similar can-be-
changed-at-runtime issue here in future)

FormFactor sounds like the best option for now; would be interesting to try it
at least...

> * time/date input components: they should probably go in plasmaextras, and
> get a desktop version different from the "slot machine" touch look.

+1

> * poses another problem: device-specific theme elements

they either:

* belong as modifications of the default theme
* belong in the device specific folder specializations inside individual
packages
* should not exist