Drawer HIG - please comment

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Mon May 28 18:43:04 UTC 2012

On Monday 28 May 2012 20:04:36 Marco Martin wrote:
> so far looks scarily mind reading :p

I take that as a good sign :)

> wasn't completely sure about making those tabs a central element, or just an
> accident of that particular application, do you think they are a good idea?

I find they worked quite well in the Resource Browser. Maybe the presentation
could still be optimized (making them look and behave a bit more like physical
bookmarks), but I think even in their current state they can be used as an
optional element for when not everything fits on the drawer (as in the Resource
Browser).

> > @Marco: As soon as there are reusable components for the Drawers, please
> > add the code for them to the Code section so that we won't have a hundred
> > different implementations for it in the end.
>
> yep, will do, right now there are a bit of other things on my plate so may
> be postponed a bit, but must definitely componentize them if i want them to
> actually be used since unfortunately the implementation wasn't exactly
> trivial

No need to hurry, I just hope the components will be ready by the time add-on
development by third parties really kicks in. I'd like to see the drawers in
many apps, and for that they need to be as easy to implement as possible.
The same applies to the other components/widgets you created for PA, of
course. But hey, I'm preaching to the choir here anyway, so there's probably
no need to further stress that ;)