Drawer HIG - please comment

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon May 28 18:04:36 UTC 2012

On Monday 28 May 2012, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've finished the first draft of the HIG for Drawers within applications
> (the things that can be pulled in from the right in e.g. the Resource
> Browser or Okular Active).
> Have a look at it here:
> http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/Development/ActiveHIG/Drawers
> Please comment, especially Marco on whether I described your ideas
> correctly and all on whether it's understandable and clear.

so far looks scarily mind reading :p
wasn't completely sure about making those tabs a central element, or just an
accident of that particular application, do you think they are a good idea?

> @Marco: As soon as there are reusable components for the Drawers, please
> add the code for them to the Code section so that we won't have a hundred
> different implementations for it in the end.

yep, will do, right now there are a bit of other things on my plate so may be
postponed a bit, but must definitely componentize them if i want them to
actually be used since unfortunately the implementation wasn't exactly trivial