Okular active

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue May 15 20:39:05 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 15 May 2012, Bogdan Cristea wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Tuesday 15 May 2012 22:08:14 Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> > So is this based on Bogdan's work to integrate the Okular libraries into
> > tabletReader or did he abandon this work or was it wasted because the
> > result  is just being discarded?
>
> tabletReader is not abandoned. I have been able to integrate okular core
> library into tabletReader, but there are some compilation problems due to
> separation issues between okular core library and its front-end. I am about
> to submit a patch to okular in order to try to fix some of these issues.
> This is why I am not yet able to provide an rpm, because I use a
> customized okular core library.

atm i worked around the issues by duplicating pagepainter and having
everything directly in the okular repo (mart/okularactive branch).

okular developers wants to help getting the library in shape and being fully
usable from outside the repo.

> > And is there already a package in the OBS for testing it? If so, what's
> > its name?
> > The screenshot looks nice, but I'd like to see it in action so I can give
> > feedback.
>
> I will give a try to okular active, maybe we will find a way to coordonate
> our efforts.

totally, the most important thing i want to have is a series of components
that just paint pages and provide metadata, no ui, so any app can be wrote
with it (take a look at the components folder)