activity configuration UI

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Wed Mar 28 15:54:46 UTC 2012

> Sorry, but that comment just made me laugh: "we would write why it can not
> be like that"; that shouldnt be the focus in a multi-disciplinary team, that
> designers propose something and the techies just say "no, not working".

Honestly, I don't see anything amusing there. If a designer asks for
something, that turns out not to be technically feasible, the techies
say 'no, not possible'.

IF you say 'I want the password entry in the activity switcher', I say
'no, not possible. would diminish security ...', or 'ok, sounds good,
lets do it'.

As simple as that.

> decisions have been taken and what technical backgrounds led to this
> decision. That would have saved us nearly the whole thread :)

Totally agree :)

> So please be kind to us aliens, also known as designers.

I might have sounded unkind, and I do apologize if I did, it wasn't
the point. Just wanted to be as short as possible :)

--
Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard