Task Proposal: Centralized account management

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Tue Jan 24 15:42:24 UTC 2012

Of
> Ivan Cukic
> Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 4:30 PM
> To: active at kde.org
> Subject: Re: Task Proposal: Centralized account management
>
> > Yep, I think making activity password also unlock the corresponding
wallet
> > makes sense.
>
> This will be problematic. The current implementation (ui-wise) suffers
> a bit from the fact that I don't want password sent via any kind of
> IPC.

I see the lack of a secure IPC as a huge general problem that definitely
needs to be fixed.
Are we really the only ones in the POSIX world who need this?
I'm not sure if we should keep adding workarounds every time this problem
gets in our way.
I know that there might not be a chance to fix the underlying problem
before PA3, but
I also know that workarounds tend to stick around even long after the
underlying problem is fixed.