Encryption stuff in need of solutions

Lamarque V. Souza lamarque at kde.org
Tue Jan 24 13:18:11 UTC 2012

Em Tuesday 24 January 2012, Ivan Čukić escreveu:
> > I still think we should implement my iidea from last week: "Well, best
> > effort: if it is a private activity show a dialog with Ok and dismiss

> 1. If the user requests a switch, and can't enter the password, he
> will stay in the previous activity. That is not an issue. So, the
> 'dismiss' button can work like a charm.
>
> 2. When booting the device, (aka no previous activity) the dismiss is
> problematic, the ideas so far: (corner cases - when no activity is
> public)
> 1 - load black containment (marco)
> 2 - show create activity (lamarque)
> 3 - show activity switcher (me)
>

> 1 - problematic from the user perspective
> 2 - problematic from ui perspective (why would you be forced to create
> a new activity?)

	I wrote in my last e-mail that we should add an explanation message as
to why creating a new activity is required: "An activity is required to use
this device and none is available at the moment. Please create a new
activity." That is the why. Even for #1 we should add an explanation in the
contaiment as to why the user was logged into an black containment he/she did
not create. I wrote that in my last e-mail too.

--
Lamarque V. Souza
KDE's Network Management maintainer