Encryption stuff in need of solutions

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Tue Jan 24 13:04:51 UTC 2012

> I still think we should implement my iidea from last week: "Well, best
> effort: if it is a private activity show a dialog with Ok and dismiss

1. If the user requests a switch, and can't enter the password, he
will stay in the previous activity. That is not an issue. So, the
'dismiss' button can work like a charm.

2. When booting the device, (aka no previous activity) the dismiss is
problematic, the ideas so far: (corner cases - when no activity is
public)
1 - load black containment (marco)
2 - show create activity (lamarque)
3 - show activity switcher (me)

1 - problematic from the user perspective
2 - problematic from ui perspective (why would you be forced to create
a new activity?)
3 - problematic since we'd need activity switcher in kamd, or plasma-*
to recognize empty activity id and show the activity switcher...

--
Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard