Encryption stuff in need of solutions

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Tue Jan 24 13:49:50 UTC 2012

> I wrote in my last e-mail that we should add an explanation message as to
> why creating a new activity is required: "An activity is required to use
> this device and none is available at the moment. Please create a new

I know you did, but for me, the 'lets write a message to the user' is
not a ui problem solution. What the problem here is:

The turns on the device so that she can do something on it. She wants
to open an existing private activity, but not the one that was last
used because she doesn't know the password for it.

So, she presses dismiss, and she gets the /new activity/ dialogue? I
really don't like it.

It is a great technical solution to our issue, but it is not a good
ui. Since this part is not a security issue, I'd go rather for a nice
UI than for cleaner implementation (although this wouldn't be that
clean)

--
Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard