Task Proposal: Plasma Media Center

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 12:05:28 UTC 2012

On Friday 20 January 2012, todd rme wrote:

> > Hmm... what about Bangarang? Do we need two applications for media
> > playing or has PMC significant advantages over Bangarang?
>
> Bangarang is a standalone app, right?  I would think plasma media
> center would provide the ability to integrate media functionality
> directly into containments.  So bangarang would be a more

you can, but by default pmc is a different stand alone plasma shell, so it
looks like a completely independent app (of which you can put pieces in the
workspace, but that's another story ;)

technicalities aside, i agree with aaron, developers of both projects should
be able to put effort in it and we'll see what will be the most complete.

i see strenght and weaknesses in both at the moment