Automated tests

Maurice de la Ferte Maurice.Ferte at basyskom.com
Mon Jan 16 09:19:37 UTC 2012

Thomas Hi,

I totally agree with you that automatically tests are very help and useful.
So I like the idea very much and we already added a package to the
build.pub.meego.com OBS called 'simple-tests'. At the moment it is just
a space to collect helpful scripts for testing purpose, but if it will

grow and we will get useful test cases for e.g. unit tests, I will help
to setup a automatic test suit with like e.g. 'testrunner-lite'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZhHDPUeHIw

The goals of testrunner-lite' are for example, it is already available in
Meego and soon also in the Mer project. The test cases are written in XML,
controlled via a working Host <--> Device Ethernet connection and test
output is a for example an HTML document.   [http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&p=_xpAA&search=controlled&trestr=0x2004]

Anyway, I do not see any chance to implement without much overhead any kind
of UI Tests and before we should start with an test framework, we should already
have a bunch of test cases usable for the konsole.

Just my 2 cents

Maurice