next plasma active sprint

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Feb 13 12:51:04 UTC 2012

On Sunday, February 12, 2012 18:34:42 Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> In KDE Edu we started a new app which is a Memory game and which I
> slowed down from a 4.8 release in the hope it would be a versatile app
> (not a traditional layout with menubar and all this stuff we don't need
> for kids apps) so it's another reason why I'd like very much having
> those 2 Edu people at the meeting.

this kind of thing is of great interest to us, and if we can get such people
to this sprint that would be great.

> But it's your call on if this is on target or not. This is only my
> reasoning and I asked this list before asking my team, Marco answered
> positively. If this is restricted to design decisions and core stuff for
> PA3, I agree it's not relevant for Aleix and Laszlo to be there.

there are no hard restrictions of this sort ...

i do think another event that focuses just on app devel with more people in
attendance might make a lot of sense. it could take longer to plan as well.
perhaps i should shoot for Akademy in the summer for this and make something
bigger and more structured?

really good news on the kde edu directions, btw...

i'll leave the questions regarding oranization and financial logistics to
others handling that part of it.