next plasma active sprint

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Sun Feb 12 08:33:55 UTC 2012

Hi Aaron,

> because putting it off and off and off gets us nowhere quickly. people have been
> talking about making this happen since december. i'm just relaying the
> results.

When do you plan to close the sprint registration and send the
financial support request to the KDE e.V. board, or do you also get
financial support from Basyskom ? According to my experience the board
needs to have couple of days for replying to such requests; one week
is not unusual either.

Hence, if it is not pushed to them in few days, it is very hard to
estimate the traveling cost. People can now make a rough estimation,
but 2 weeks before the traveling when the people can actually buy the
ticket.. who knows, it might be very expensive that you cannot
estimate in advance for that much. In this short notice, the ticket
prices change radically day by day.

It might be a bit simpler for people traveling by train, but certainly
worse for plane schedules. :) I think your other offer is also fair,
if it really happens. Unfortunately I saw similar case in the past
where the project integration into another projects sprint was missed
and it was the same thinking: let us do a project sprint, and later an
project integration into other projects sprints.

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp

PS1.: The sprint page apparently has a bug since it allows you to
enter a past date, like 5-9th of February for the arrival and
departure. =)
PS2.: off-topic, but looking forward to seeing the Spark tablet. ;-)