next plasma active sprint

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Feb 11 17:56:46 UTC 2012

On Saturday, February 11, 2012 12:56:09 Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> Why is this so tight notice?

because putting it off and off and off gets us nowhere quickly. people have been
talking about making this happen since december. i'm just relaying the
results.

if this date does not work for you, and it is indeed too tight time-wise, let
me suggest an alternative:

let's organize a meeting somewhere specifically about applications for Plasma
Active. this would almost certainly have a far broader reach than just Plasma
Active core dev and it would give both topics, apps and PA core, an
opportunity to get focus and attention.

one concern i do have with having both app and PA core topics on the table is
that we may not pay enough attention to either, or only really cover one and
not the other topic sufficiently, due to time constraints (as well as the fact
that people like marco and i are probably useful on both topics but can't be
in two places at once :)

would a separate Active Apps sprint set a bit more in the future be something
you would support, appreciate and like to be a part of?

we can of couse try to make it all happen at this PA3 sprint, too ... but i'd
like to make it work well for everyone's needs as much as possible.