VideoPlayer

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri Sep 16 09:53:57 UTC 2011

On Friday, September 16, 2011 10:10:21 Ivan Cukic wrote:
> Since we have no touchy-feely media player, I've created one in plasma-
> mobile/applications/videoplayer.
>
> It is largely a clone of imageviewer but it plays videos.
>
> This is only a very simple player based on QWidgets (Phonon on QML would
> be risky for PA1) that implements a part of mpris2 dbus interface so that
> I can control it from the recommendations.
>
> Please make packages of it (that is, include it in the image)
>
> If anyone is interested, work on it - you have full freedom to do anything
> as long as the current dbus interface continues to work.

I've been using Bangarang as mediaplayer, and it works quite well with touch,
integrates nicely with Nepomuk and looks good. Its author has just blogged
about it:
http://bangarangkde.wordpress.com/2011/09/15/bangarang-touchificationism/

He also notified us that he's working on it:
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/active/2011-April/000017.html

sebas