Bangarang Active?

Andrew Lake jamboarder at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 20:37:07 CEST 2011

Hello,

I'm developer of Bangarang and I'm curious if there would be any
interest in having Bangarang eventually as an Active App?

There is already what I hope is fairly decent separation between data
and visualization. The underlying design tries to follow the MVC
principle and purposefully allows separate UI development.  From my
normal desktop testing and use I'm thinking Bangarang might fit into
category 2 from Aaron's blog, but I've never actually tested it on a
touch device.

If Bangarang makes sense as a potantial Active App, I have a few questions:
- Bangarang uses Nepomuk for media library info, playback statistics.
Is something like this out of scope for how Nepomuk is intended to be
used in Plasma Active?
- I was hoping for the 2.1 release to focus on activity-aware
playlists and media semantics (highest rated/frequently
played/recently played). Would something like this fit into the
current vision for Plasma Active?
- There are some specific interaction mechanics that I'm not entirely
clear about regarding availability from current/proposed Active
libraries: Multiple selection in a list, Touch and hold, Pop-up
menu/selection list.
- I may need a little guidance on whether to modify the existing C++
UI code or just develop a new UI using QML. No worries either way.

Thanks much for sharing this exciting and motivating initiative,
Andrew Lake