merging declarative plasmoids

Giorgos Tsiapaliwkas terietor at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 23:04:29 UTC 2011

On 11 September 2011 14:54, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> on the topic of merging, another thing that i would like to see merged
> asap,

i can make the merge if you are ok with that.

On 11 September 2011 15:33, todd rme <toddrme2178 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have all the c++ parts, like dataengine changes, already been merged
> from this?

As i am aware of the particular branch doesn't have any c++ code.But there
is some relevant code in the kde-runtime reporitory at the
"plasma/viranch/qml-menu" branch.
I can also merge that.

I think that we have to start a thread about all these branches because in
the near future there will be mess.

On 11 September 2011 15:33, todd rme <toddrme2178 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It would also make it easier
> for people to start writing third-party QML widgets.  Then, merge the
> widgets that are essentially done as you suggest.

I have some doubts about that.
Does the existing qml code satisfy all the possibilities which the c++
plasmoids had?
For instance,the Plasma::Applet provides the possibility to reimplement the
KConfigDialog of a particular plasmoid.Does qml do the same?
And of course we lack in a good plasmoid IDE(like the kdevelop for c++) but
we work on that one(plasmate).

--
Tsiapaliwkas Giorgos (terietor)
KDE Developer