RFC: Adjust the visual display of the categories in the "add resource window"

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Oct 27 16:48:43 UTC 2011

On Thursday, October 27, 2011 17:42:08 Fania Bremmer wrote:
> ** Reason For Change **
> People dont understand the icons in the Add resource window.
>
> We already had a discussion about this subject some weeks ago, see mails
> with the subject: "UI Design - add resource window more gesture
> oriented" from 13.09.2011

i'm not sure what you mean precisely here ... do you mean that people didn't
figure out how to add items once in, say, the Apps cateogry? or they didn't
understand the "Apps, Bookmarks, Contacts, Documents, Images, Widgets" buttons
themselves? what, exactly, did people not understand?

one issue to consider (that's already come up earlier today, in fact) is
scalability. whatever UI is offered, it needs to scale to people having
100s/1000s of photos, lots of documents, etc.

humru othro a kohnu se