RFC: Adjust the visual display of the categories in the "add resource window"

Fania Bremmer fania.bremmer at basyskom.de
Thu Oct 27 15:42:08 UTC 2011

** Proposed Change **
Adjust the visual display of the categories in the "add resource window"
into an element that is more understandable, just buttons, areas, filter
words....

Here we should find a UI pattern for filtering things that can be used
system wide. So filtering resources into categories should use the same
mechanism as filtering apps or something else...

** Reason For Change **
People dont understand the icons in the Add resource window.

We already had a discussion about this subject some weeks ago, see mails
with the subject: "UI Design - add resource window more gesture
oriented" from 13.09.2011

Here some suggestions I made back then, maybe we go on with the
discussion as the selection and filtering mechanism would be the same
for the new "add content to device" workflow, no?

http://share.basyskom.com/contour/UIDesign/1-addResource_window.jpg

http://share.basyskom.com/contour/UIDesign/2-addResource_select.jpg

http://share.basyskom.com/contour/UIDesign/3-addResource_dragndrop.jpg

http://share.basyskom.com/contour/UIDesign/4-addResource_multiselect.jpg