first settings of active

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 12:25:57 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 04 October 2011, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On Tuesday, October 04, 2011 13:59:18 Fania Bremmer wrote:
> > As we discussed already in our workshop, we are currently preparing the
> > first start up experience for Plasma Active.
>
> I've put a basic widget on the first screen with the video and explaining
> apps / activities. It's in the default since Sunday, I think. Give it a
> try.
>
> > We also agreed on having some small wizard that starts in the very
> > beginning, first start of Active, with the following setups:
> > - 1: Language (currently default english, preselected)
> > - 2: Timezone, Data and time
> > -3: WIFI connection
>
> Those settings things aren't in there. Not enough time to implement it. :/

for language, it would use klocale as systemsettings, so there shouldn't be
significant problems.

date and time is something would be possible as well, needs some hooks in
policykit (is it possible to not have a password popup?)
for the timezone settings i don't think there is anything in kdelibs? and how
distribution-specific is that?

for the wifi, we would need a graphical component backend agnostic, the same
as the one used in the popup...

would be possible now to use the meego one, that is a qml component already,
but is meego specific.

but yes, is something definitely pa2, it can be tried to be coded in a hurry,
but there isn't time to do anything with enough quality at this point