first settings of active

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Tue Oct 4 16:12:17 UTC 2011

On Di, 2011-10-04 at 14:25 +0200, Marco Martin wrote:
> but yes, is something definitely pa2, it can be tried to be coded in a hurry,
> but there isn't time to do anything with enough quality at this point

For date and time setting this is quite a problem imo. Always seeing a
time that is off by several _hours_ right at the top-center of the
screen is really annoying and seems unprofessional. And Kontact
(especially the calendar) is pretty much useless without the correct
date.

So if we can't have a wizard - or any touch-friendly UI -, we need at
least _something_ working so users can adjust date and time, even if
it's just the non-touch-friendly KCM.
And no, Konsole is not the way here if we want any non-geek to even use
it.

Or can't we at least activate NTP by default so users will get synched
as soon as they have network connection? Although this would raise the
problem of timezone settings, of course.