first settings of active

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Oct 4 12:07:47 UTC 2011

Hey,

On Tuesday, October 04, 2011 13:59:18 Fania Bremmer wrote:
> As we discussed already in our workshop, we are currently preparing the
> first start up experience for Plasma Active.

I've put a basic widget on the first screen with the video and explaining apps
/ activities. It's in the default since Sunday, I think. Give it a try.

> We also agreed on having some small wizard that starts in the very
> beginning, first start of Active, with the following setups:
> - 1: Language (currently default english, preselected)
> - 2: Timezone, Data and time
> -3: WIFI connection

Those settings things aren't in there. Not enough time to implement it. :/

> Design:
> - It should be a very simple wizard with a next and back button.
> - There should be always a clever default in the textfields, if we
> manage to find suitable suggestions, just show them (for example
> accessible wifi)
> - there should be the possibity to adjust those configurations later
> from the normal active UI as well

The settings UI should probably be shared, but this falls into the problem
space that we don't have real touch-friendly settings *at all* at this point.

> Who is in charge of that? Any status updates?

See my email (commit email CC'ed to this list) from last night.

sebas