What's the best way to get a working development version?

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Wed Nov 23 22:48:05 UTC 2011

Hi all,
I want to write Human Interface Guidelines for Active Apps and I would like
them to be based on PA's current development status, but I currently don't see
a way for me to get that status on my device.
The problem is:
- The Meego devel images are currently utterly broken (the latest one won't
even start X on my device, previous ones did not fare much better)
- The Mer images for x86 are not ready yet, according to Maurice
- I did not manage to get latest packages on top of a Balsam Plasma Active
image installation no matter how hard I tried (maybe I did something wrong,
don't know)
- When I put openSUSE 11.4 live on a USB stick with dd, my Wetab won't boot
from it for some reason

After spending hours trying and failing to get a current development status
running on my Wetab, I'm pretty frustrated.

Could someone please give me a hint at what I need to do for that? You guys
seem to be able to test the latest developments, so there must be a way ;)

Thanks in advance.
Thomas