webbrowser and share-like-connect

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 10:38:11 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 21 June 2011, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Quickie: what does share-like-connect need from the webbrowser side? I
> assume the URL currently shown, but ...
>
> * how do I announce this to SLC? Perhaps an example?
> * when should it be announced? On startup, whenever the URL changes?

it should already work-ish even tough buggy (also the browser still doesn't
publish the mimetype iirc).

since we are there, i was thinking if other kind of data would be useful as
well to be published together with the url, like:
* an human readable name
* an icon/thumbnail whatever?

i did a qml component that links to libkactivities and publishes url and
mimetype (they are two properties of an object that you would create a single
instance in the main qml file) from some quick tests seems to be already
capable of adding/removing bookmarks, rate them  and link them to activities

that fits also i the evil strategy of integrating  meego tablet apps withous
even recompiling them (if they pass enough information into qml, would be
enough to patch their qml files without even repackaging)

as said is still somwehat rather buggy (like it actually works 70% of the
times) and i have to find out why.

also, the slc applet should be added in the panel in the default setup, still
didn't do that, but anyways for it to work a real panel window that doesn't
grab the focus is needed,  i think my branch with a proper panel it's almost
ready to merge