resources, plasmoids and hacks

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jun 9 13:56:13 CEST 2011

On Thursday, June 9, 2011 13:14:49 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> * Fixed with (or aspect ratio really), makes many applets look stupid,

problems with the applets in question.

if one considers each strip in the row to be equivalent to a single device
with a single physical screen of that size, then it becomes evident.

>   sometimes overlap

overlap would be a bug.

> * horizontal swiping is needed in some applets

probably solvable by allowing focus and swipes on the focused applet not
moving things.

we have the same kind of issues with swipable web views or if it was a grid :)

> * too big overlay buttons (not 100% related)

yes, not related :)

> * layout should be a bit more flexible (most people I talked to would prefer
> something more close to the grid containment)

a grid might be more efficient. i'm not sure as it would be a tradeoff between
simplicity and utility, with both being valued by different user in different
ways.

in any case, i understood Marco's idea to be more that context pages are used
also for non-contextual plasmoids?

humru othro a kohnu se