Roots to branches

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Jun 1 13:08:24 CEST 2011

On Tuesday, May 31, 2011 20:03:51 Ivan Čukić wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since we are in a state of freeze, and no real development can occur
> on master. In order for us to do something real until 11.10.09, we
> need to be able to continue normal development.
>
> For that purpose, I've
> 1) hijacked the libkactivities/resourceinstance branch of kdelibs to
> be able to continue the development of libkactivities library
> 2) created a activitymanager/contour-development branch
>
> If you want to follow (and build upon) the development of
> active/contour/SLC it is recommended to switch to these branches. Mind
> that those will likely depend on one another - that is master of
> runtime will not be buildable with libkactivities/resourceinstance
> branch of kdelibs and vice-versa.
>
> There will be more branches coming when we start patching apps.
>
> For those not involved in active development, all these will be merged
> into master once it gets unfrozen.

Is it at all possible to put the additional needed bits apart from kdelibs and
-runtime? If not, we'll have to release Plasma Active One on top of unstable
kdelibs (-runtime) which is not exactly desirable...

It would also make packaging a lot easier (no need to pick the right branch
from multiple repos).
--
sebas