Roots to branches

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Wed Jun 1 23:19:23 CEST 2011

> Is it at all possible to put the additional needed bits apart from kdelibs and
> -runtime? If not, we'll have to release Plasma Active One on top of unstable
> kdelibs (-runtime) which is not exactly desirable...

A possible solution would be for packagers to remove the kamd and
libkact from packages, and pack those (new versions) separately.

But, if that were to be the case, what would you do when we start
patching apps to notify us of resources they open?

IMO, the easiest way is to branch of stable (and constantly merging
stable into it) and just develop things that need to be developed.

--
Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard