kdeworkspace for Plasma Active

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jul 25 18:08:42 CEST 2011

more minor disappointments:

kworkspace is a requirement of ksmserver, amongst others.

the usage of libkworkspace for activities can (and will this week if i have my
way ;) be replaced by libkactivities that is currently in kdelibs/experimental
(which makes it fine for use by workspace). that will slim that library down
somewhat.

other than that, we can probably slim it down even further if we wish to by
optionally compiling in things like the screen preview widget when in mobile.

however, i do think we ought to be thinking about multi-screen scenarios.
there are already dockable android phones, and similar tablets are only a
matter of time.

anyways...

kwin also needs some CMake love before i can be happy with the changes, but
that will wait until Martin merges his "combined GL + ES build" changes to the
kwin build system.

so, making a lot of progress already in terms of shipping size, but not quite
where we could be yet.

p.s. i also killed a bunch of dead code in kstyles/, and more in solid/ looks
like it is also up on the chopping block. so good news for everyone there :)

humru othro a kohnu se