Fwd: Re: kdeworkspace for Plasma Active

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Mon Jul 25 17:47:34 CEST 2011

seems like the N900 replied to Marco instead of the list, so here his answer including mine

Subject: Re: kdeworkspace for Plasma Active
Date: Monday 25 July 2011, 16:36:02
From: Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com>
To: Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org>

On Monday 25 July 2011, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> > > solid
> >
> > maybe kephal, kworkspace, plasmagenericshell aren't 100% necessary?
>
> Kephal and kworkspace are both currently mandatory build requirements for
> kwin. Kephal should be removable as we can expect to only have one screen
> and is relativly self-contained. Kworkspace is only used for activity
> handling afaik. That depends on what kind of activity support in kwin is
> required for Plasma Active.

if is really just for activities, good news,
workspace still depends on the old activity management lib in workspace. once
the new one that is in experimental right now is been finalized, the old one
can just be killed