kdeworkspace for Plasma Active

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 15:31:43 CEST 2011

On Monday 25 July 2011, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hi..
>
> i went through and did a survey of kdeworkspace for use in Plasma Active.
> here are the things i believe we need to keep from it:
>
> kcheckpass
> ksmserver
> ksplash (w/qml?)
> kstyles/oxygen
> kwin
> powerdevil
> qguiplatformplugin_kde
> solid/modemmanager-0.4 (should be in networkmanagement module anyways?)
> statusnotifierwatcher
>
> plasma/
> =======
> generic/
>     aplets/
>         analog-clock
>         battery
>         calendar
>         devicenotifier
>         digital-clock
>         quicklaunch
>         system-monitor
>         webbrowser

those applets should probably be replaced, evetually, but right now are good
enough(tm) another on that list, notifications, since the replacement is not
ready yet

>     dataengines
>     runners
>     scriptengines
>     shells
>     wallpapers
>
> libs/
> ====
> kephal
> kworkspace
> oxygen
> plasmaclock
> plasmagenericshell
> solid

maybe kephal, kworkspace, plasmagenericshell aren't 100% necessary?

> maybe
> =====
> libs/kdm
> kdm

don't think kdm is used at all, at least on meego (where just doesn't work
btw)

> here are the things we don't need (and some reasons why):

solid, really?

apart from that, all mentioned could go, yes