kdeworkspace for Plasma Active

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jul 25 14:46:33 CEST 2011

hi..

i went through and did a survey of kdeworkspace for use in Plasma Active. here
are the things i believe we need to keep from it:

kcheckpass
ksmserver
ksplash (w/qml?)
kstyles/oxygen
kwin
powerdevil
qguiplatformplugin_kde
solid/modemmanager-0.4 (should be in networkmanagement module anyways?)
statusnotifierwatcher

plasma/
=======
generic/
    aplets/
        analog-clock
        battery
        calendar
        devicenotifier
        digital-clock
        quicklaunch
        system-monitor
        webbrowser
    dataengines
    runners
    scriptengines
    shells
    wallpapers

libs/
====
kephal
kworkspace
oxygen
plasmaclock
plasmagenericshell
solid

=======================

here are the things that would be nice to do without, but i'm not sure if
that's technically feasible right now due to features they provide that we may
rely on (if anyone has more information to confirm one way or the other, that
would be greatly appreciated):

maybe
=====
libs/kdm
kdm

=======================

here are the things we don't need (and some reasons why):

cursors
doc
freespacenotifier
kcminit (used to initialize settings from control panels, such as mouse,
cursors, access, system bell, hotkeys, style related settings, khtml plugins)
kcontrol
kdm
khotkeys
kinfocenter
klipper
kmenuedit
krunner
kscreensaver
kstartupconfig -> replace with a hard coded ~/.kde/share/config/startupconfig;
language settings can alter this directly
kstyle (except kstyles/oxygen)
ksysguard
ksystraycmd
kwrited
solid (except for modemmanager-0.4)
systemsettings

libs/
=====
ksysguard
taskmanager

plasma/
=======
desktop/
netbook/
screensaver/
generic/
    animators
    applets/
        activitybar
        icon
        lock_logout (replaced by org.kde.active.powerbutton)
        notifications (replaced by org.kde.active.notifications)
        panelspacer
        systemtray (replaced by org.kde.active.systemtray)
    containmentactions
    tools

if there is agreement on the above, then i will add appropriate profile
information to the CMakeLists.txt mirroring what we have currently in kdelibs
(mobile, tablet, desktop).

humru othro a kohnu se