Mer launch on Freescale i.MX53 QSB

Simonas L. sledgeas at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 02:47:19 UTC 2011

On 31 December 2011 01:27, Lamarque V. Souza <lamarque at kde.org> wrote:
> Em Friday 30 December 2011, Simonas L. escreveu:
>
>> Dear all,
>
> Hi,
>
>> I have had success in first boot steps of KDE Active Plasma on i.MX53 QSB
>> [1]
>
> That is really great.
>
>> rootfs was built on 20th Dec 2011 using Mer's build system with the
>> KickStart file [2], using Archos G9 KickStart [3] as a reference.
>> For boot-loader and kernel I used Ubuntu's MX5 prebuilt images [4]
>
>> X Server loaded correctly with omapfb driver.
>
>> Sadly KDE did not complete booting and the splash/background image [1]
>> switched to black-screen and popped an error [5]
>
> Sometimes the first Plasma Active 2 (PA2) boot can take several minutes,
> probably because nepomuk is rebuilding the database. The screen remains
> black for a couple of minutes here when that happens.

Ok, I waited another 15 minutes, and got the crash window of
kactivitymanagerd (Seg Fault)

Another 10-15mins and I got the beautiful screen of locked KDE PA2:
http://static.inky.ws/image/1059/image.jpg

I could not "catch" unlock using the hidden mouse, so executed `rpm -e
plasma-mobile-mouse` and rebooted as per:

> There is no mouse pointer is hidden in PA, you need to uninstall the package
> plasma-mobile-mouse and restart Xorg to make it visible:
>
> http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/Info/FAQ#How_do_I_get_a_Mouse_Cursor.3F

After this reboot I get black-screen all the time after initial splash
screen [1] (interestingly, I can pan the screen Left/Right with arrow
keys)

The black-screen now unfortunately stays indefinitely (for good last 30mins).
I noticed with `top` that virtuoso-t is taking upto >75% CPU. Killing
it and nepomuk* did not cure the black-screen problem.

>> [1] http://static.inky.ws/image/1054/image.jpg
>
>> [2] http://pastebin.com/kugMgzrG
>
>> [3]
>> http://share.basyskom.com/contour/Deployment/mer_arm_install_archive/archos-generation-9/2011-12-16-17-25-basyskom-plasma-active-testing-mer-armv7l-archos-gen9-mmcblk1p-raw.ks
>> (thanks to vgrade from irc://freenode.net/active)
>
>> [4]
>> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/oneiric/release/ubuntu-11.10-preinstalled-desktop-armel+mx5.img.gz
>> [5] http://static.inky.ws/image/1055/image.jpg
>
>> [6] http://www.dedoimedo.com/images/computers_years/2011_1/sabayon-crash.jpg
>
>> [7] http://pastebin.com/1j8ZGs8B
>
>> [8] http://pastebin.com/5LJXyKb2
>

> Lamarque V. Souza
>
> KDE's Network Management maintainer
>
> http://planetkde.org/pt-br

Thank you for the prompt response Lamarque!

Simonas