Mer launch on Freescale i.MX53 QSB

Lamarque V. Souza lamarque at kde.org
Sat Dec 31 01:27:33 UTC 2011

Em Friday 30 December 2011, Simonas L. escreveu:
> Dear all,

	Hi,

> I have had success in first boot steps of KDE Active Plasma on i.MX53 QSB
> [1]

	That is really great.

> rootfs was built on 20th Dec 2011 using Mer's build system with the
> KickStart file [2], using Archos G9 KickStart [3] as a reference.
> For boot-loader and kernel I used Ubuntu's MX5 prebuilt images [4]
>
> X Server loaded correctly with omapfb driver.
>
> Sadly KDE did not complete booting and the splash/background image [1]
> switched to black-screen and popped an error [5] for just a couple of
> seconds, which description approx. boils down to:
>  KDE Power Management System could not be initialized.
>  The backend reported the following error: No valid Power Management
> backend plugins are available.
> Log [8] line presumably being: kded(1139): KDE Power Management System init
> failed!
> Afterwards the screen remained black, X server running, no further
> activities, no mouse pointer visible.

	Sometimes the first Plasma Active 2 (PA2) boot can take several minutes,
probably because nepomuk is rebuilding the database. The screen remains black
for a couple of minutes here when that happens. I do not see why the power
management backend would prevent the system from booting. I think you should
wait some minutes (up to 5 minutes) and see if the system continues to boot.

There is no mouse pointer is hidden in PA, you need to uninstall the package
plasma-mobile-mouse and restart Xorg to make it visible:

http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/Info/FAQ#How_do_I_get_a_Mouse_Cursor.3F

--
Lamarque V. Souza
KDE's Network Management maintainer