Adding new audio CDs to a music collection

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Mon Jan 15 19:47:21 GMT 2024

On Sun, Jan 14, 2024 at 7:17 AM Peter Mayes <peter at petermayes.org> wrote:

> Since then I have mostly just searched for newly added CDs with the
> method you suggested. But when I recently started searching using the
> UPC/EAN number, I see that in the top right panel, the newly added disc
> is not only highlighted, but is centred in that panel (but see comment
> below), so is immediately visible.
>
> So I wonder if the same method of placing the newly-imported disc in the
> top right panel couldn't also be used for "Import Audio CD data"? It
> seems the natural thing to do.

The short answer of why they work differently is that Tellico treats
importing audio file data as appending a whole new collection, where
searching and adding from the fetch dialog works only on groups of entries.
The functionality to scroll to the newly added entry isn't part of the
collection reset at the moment, only adding new entries. I can keep that as
a wishlist item to be added.