Small graphical malfunctions

Peter Mayes peter at petermayes.org
Sun Jan 14 17:40:10 GMT 2024

This refers to tellico-3.5.1 under Fedora38 Linux. And a Music
collection of ~1,500 CDs.

Two small items where things are not quite behaving as I expect
"graphically".

In case it is relevant, and these are not tellico problems, I am running
under the KDE/Plasma desktop with X11, not Wayland.

In the top right columns view, if my mouse pointer hovers over an entry
in any column, a box pops up with the value while the mouse is
stationary (sure there is a technical term to describe this!).

About half the time, the box is imperfectly formed and flashes rapidly.

Secondly, if I edit an entry and "save entry", the entry is highlighted
in bold italic to show that it has changed. If I then click "Save",
sometimes the bold/italic is not updated to the normal font until the
mouse pointer is moved into the top right column view.

As a related question, what is the difference between "Save Entry", and
"Save"? In other words, suppose I edit an entry and "save entry", but
then quit tellico without pressing "Save", what state is the database in?

--
Best wishes -- Peter