Using Tellico do make a website

Robby Stephenson robby at periapsis.org
Sat Feb 24 13:51:00 GMT 2024

On Fri, Feb 23, 2024 at 2:06 PM Bruno Cornec <bruno at musique-ancienne.org>
wrote:

> José Marcio Martins da Cruz said on Thu, Feb 22, 2024 at 04:23:52PM +0100:
> >For the moment, I've only digged into tellico database file format and
> it's just an idea on how I'd like to do that.
>
> AS I had a similar need as you, I did it on my side with some perl
> script using templating. Only tested with my collections, but ready to
> fix bugs if you have some using it on yours ;-)
>
> https://github.com/bcornec/tellico2html/tree/master

 Bruno has a great set of scripts. If you want the most basic of ways to
turn a Tellico file into a simply title list, for example,

unzip -p books.tc tellico.xml|xsltproc `kf5-config --path data --locate
tellico/tellico-by-
title.xsl` - > book-titles.html

That extracts the tellico.xml file from the zipped data, pipes it through
xsltproc and a basic template that is usually packaged with Tellico, and
directs it into an HTML file (no images). The tellico-by-title.xsl file has
some basic CSS styling which is probably clear enough to edit as you'd like.