Plasm 6.1 Kickoff Meeting notes

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Wed Mar 13 22:49:45 GMT 2024

On 3/11/24 10:31, Nicolas Fella wrote:
> ## 6.1 release planning
>
> Idea: Keep the megarelese?

I think there's something to it. Releasing everything at once was good
for branding and user perception, and it seems for distros too.

One thing I'd like to change is to further unify the release schedules.
Plasma's fibonacci bugfix releases have ensured we didn't need to tell
distros to urgently patch a ton of things because the next bugfix
release was less than a week away, but Frameworks and Gear's longer
release cycles didn't have that luxury. I'd like to see that kind of
bugfix schedule at least extended to Gear.

Nate