Plasm 6.1 Kickoff Meeting notes

Justin Zobel justin at 1707.io
Wed Mar 13 23:19:19 GMT 2024

On 14/3/24 09:19, Nate Graham wrote:
> On 3/11/24 10:31, Nicolas Fella wrote:
>> ## 6.1 release planning
>>
>> Idea: Keep the megarelese?
>
> I think there's something to it. Releasing everything at once was good
> for branding and user perception, and it seems for distros too.
>
> One thing I'd like to change is to further unify the release
> schedules. Plasma's fibonacci bugfix releases have ensured we didn't
> need to tell distros to urgently patch a ton of things because the
> next bugfix release was less than a week away, but Frameworks and
> Gear's longer release cycles didn't have that luxury. I'd like to see
> that kind of bugfix schedule at least extended to Gear.
>
> Nate
Agreed, the Fibonacci bug fix release schedule does work well, it is
fast initially to capture those bugs that got missed in the initial
release and eases off towards the next feature release. Also good for
the distros that like to wait for the .1 or .2 release to make sure they
get a nice clean release.