[GSoC Draft proposal] Redesign system settings modules by porting them to QtQuick

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 05:27:24 BST 2022

My feedback as an admin who has seen many proposals is: your timeline is
inadequate.

Your timeline should be complete enough  that both the mentor(s) and
applicant can use it as a roadmap to the summer. That does not mean that it
can't be adjusted over the coding period -- some things are easier than
expected, others are more difficult and take more time. But that timeline
should have *everything* in it for every week, from writing tests, user
testing if applicable, documenting the code, writing necessary
documentation, meeting with the team/mentors, writing blog posts -- **every**
**thing*.*

Applicants who create complete timelines such as I just described in
general do very well. Those who have skimpy ones, on average, do not do as
well.

All the best,

Valorie, part of the KDE GSoC admin team

--
http://about.me/valoriez - pronouns: she/her