Using Ocular engine in educational commercial software?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Apr 6 22:41:32 BST 2021

El dilluns, 5 d’abril de 2021, a les 13:26:31 CEST, Energo Koder va escriure:
> Hi!

Hello.

> I have idea for educational application. This app will be similar to
> SuperMemo (periodic card based reminder).
> Essential is high quality and durability of content. So I want to use
> vector based file format in order to be free of increased DPI in the future.
> I know that in advent of KDE5 its developers make huge mind step and
> make tons of specialized libraries in order to allow people using them
> in they apps.
>
> So I want to use Ocular engine. This brings to me few questions:
> 1. Is this possible in theory?

Your 2 sentence description is very vague, so maybe? don't know? no idea, and to be honest, don't really care.

> 2. Is it possible for commercial project?

Okular core is GPL2+, if you use okular you need to abide to that license, if by "commercial" you mean you don't want to release the source code under a GPL2+ compatible license, no, it's not possible.

Albert