About using the Advanced Docking System for Qt

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat May 9 15:45:33 BST 2020

El dissabte, 2 de maig de 2020, a les 16:50:16 CEST, Andy Sardina va escriure:
> Hi,
>
>   There are many users who would like to have a split view in Okular.
> Currently, using a QTabWidget I think implementing such a feature could be
> difficult. My proposal is to start using the Advanced Docking System for Qt
> <https://github.com/githubuser0xFFFF/Qt-Advanced-Docking-System> (ADS) to
> replace the QTabWidget and from that point work in the split view
> functionality.

It seems indeed powerful :)

I wonder if maybe "too" poweful that may get some people lost trying to use it.

One "problem" is that it seems that no distribution is packaging this at the moment from what i can see.

Have you tried looking at what other KDE software like for example kate do for their split screen functionality?